Reflect on the battles you’ve chosen to engage in. What are the conflicts and challenges you believe are worth fighting for?
Analyzing the fights you choose to involve yourself in can provide insights into your values, convictions, and areas of passion. It also helps you identify your ‘hill to die on.’ Here are some additional questions to guide your reflection:
- What are the three causes or principles you feel most strongly about? Why do these matters compel you to stand your ground?
- Can you recall a situation where you stood up for something despite opposition? How did the experience impact you and the outcome?
- How do these fights or causes influence your daily life and routines? Are there specific habits or behaviors that reflect your commitment to these fights?
- Has your perspective on what’s worth fighting for evolved over time? If so, what prompted this evolution?
- Have you ever engaged in a fight that, upon reflection, wasn’t worth the cost or effort? What did you learn from that experience?
- How do your chosen fights shape your relationships and interactions with others? Can you share an example?
- Do you ever experience conflicts between your chosen fights and your fears or dreams? How do you navigate these situations?